Search Engine Marketing is the practice of marketing a business using paid advertisements that appear on search engine results pages (SERP). Essentially, it’s a way of buying traffics to your site, rather than attempting to “earn” that traffic organically. It is well known by the term pay-per-click (PPC) ads.
Search engine marketing’s greatest strength is that:
- Increases brand awareness and brand equity of the product.
- Increases Visibility & web site traffic.
- Advertise to visitors that are already interested in you.
- Target your ads to visitors based on languages and locations.
- Competition advantage – Marketers can enable visitors to select their products over their competitors.
- Greater ROI means compared to other advertising media, paid search strategies are more efficient.
- No other advertising medium can do this, which is why search engine marketing (SEM) is so productive and such a fabulously powerful way to grow your business.